Pinterest is a creative bible, full of inspiring interiors and out there DIYs in the few years I have been pinning away I have learnt a fair bit about styling and DIY so I thought I would share a couple of things that Pinterest has taught me over the years.
- Edible flowers make everything look delicious, I need to invest in some pansies or violas to make my salads that bit more pinnable.
- With a little bit of DIY even the cheapest of IKEA furniture can look amazing!
- Pretty much anything can be sprayed copper – also spray painting is difficult, messy and not to be done on a windy day.
- Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable, you can use it to create pizza bases, rice, bread sticks and so much more!
- Reclaimed herringbone timber floors are the one.
- You can never own enough Grey jumpers, there are so many styles, V neck, chunky, fine knit, slouchy – they go with everything and I’m pretty sure every outfit on my ‘wears’ board features a grey jumper.
- Eames chairs are still going strong, there doesn’t seem to be a dining table on Pinterest not adorned with the Eiffel chairs.
- You can never have enough plants in your home, I am testing this one out myself!
- Pallets are amazing, you can make seats, planters and even tee-pees with the free timbers. Just bare in mind they take hours to take apart.
- I will never be able to master the perfect flat lay like the Pinterest professionals. How can they make brunch look so damn pretty? I’m just going to be forever jealous.
So although it has left me with a wardrobe that consists of grey, it has also left me with a head full of inspiration and ideas, Pinterest is the website that just keeps giving.